Social media was not a big part of my life until middle school. Kids no longer traded phone numbers but traded their Instagram handle or Snapchat username instead. Today I use various social media platforms, some apps to connect with my friends, and others to catch up with what is happening in our world. Almost all platforms that I use, I would say, are helpful in my everyday life. One of the platforms I use the most is Instagram; it contains lots of different information that allows me to look into areas I am interested in. One thing I like about Instagram is your ability to have multiple accounts, thus having one private account and one public account. This is an excellent feature as it allows people to have various accounts for their interests, which I enjoy doing. Mainly speaking about any of my media platforms, I only look at what I am interested in and allow people I know to follow my account. By doing this, I know I have created a safe space for myself on any of my platforms. Altogether, I love using my social media platforms as it helps me feel connected and aware of what is happening in this crazy world!

Photo by Solen Feyissa on Unsplash

Featured Image: Photo by Author