WEEK 11 REFLECTION

Today we had our class over Zoom, where I was able to come home after PE and do the class from home. I actually really enjoyed being able to do the class over Zoom as it was all self paced. The previous plan for this class was EdCamp in person but as we switched over to online, we had many different activities to choose from. Below I will insert a chart of the different activities we could have joined. There was the option for EdCamp but I think everyone just felt too awkward talking over zoom to do it.

Google Slides – Virtual Classroom
Canva Learning Lab/ Tutorial on how to create a virtual classroom/ Canva for Teachers
Audacity
Digital Storytelling
Virtual Reality/Augmented Learning

First, I started off by doing the Canva Learning Lab. There was a lot of useful information on this page and I really enjoyed how there was also outside links you could visit. One awesome thing I learned from high school was being able to use Canva. From creating my own posters to building my own slideshow, I loved the creative freedom I had with this website. A great website I got from the learning lab was Coolors. Often times I will look up “soft purple colours” or “fall colour schemes” and I love how this website holds various types of colour palettes. Even going as far to uploading a picture and building a colour scheme from that!

The next activity I did was the tutorial on how to create a virtual classroom. I absolutely loved doing this! I really want to try and incorporate technology into my future classroom and by building this activity. This could be an awesome way of doing it. I followed the video How To Make A Bitmoji Classroom Using Canva, which had super clear instructions and many different ideas that you could add to your own virtual classroom. I ended up making two as I wanted to make my second one holiday themed! Here are the links to each one as I could not upload it as a PDF.

Classroom Music, Animated Shows, and Read Aloud

Both Feature Image and Image above done by Author through Canva.

← Previous Post

Next Post →

1. carasartorio

I love your Christmas classroom Jessica! Looks so fun! I tried desperately to make a virtual classroom but could not for the life of me figure it out. The bitmoji part totally confused me, maybe you could give me a hand one day. I think these are so cool, especially if we are ever teaching during a lock down!

2. shea-lyn mouillierat

The Christmas classroom is so cute! Now that I know how make these virtual classrooms, I want to keep messing around with it and I love the idea of matching on to the holiday season. What a cute idea!